Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

When I was climbing yesterday with the boss, an editor named Jefe, we had just finished clearing a path to the new route he'd just put up.
This guy has been climbing more than 30 years. Long hair, aquiline nose, one-year-old kid--funny guy. I'm sitting there having just scrambled down a 80 degree slope with the help of a rope, and he turns to me and says, "Care for some pot?"
So polite, so no-nonsense. Cracked me up. Guess you had to be there.
Going to his house for breakfast tomorrow before heading back up to the crag. I'm not excited for the approach. Loose scree and lots of potential break-neck falls, not to mention the fact that it's 60 degrees uphill for a good half hour or more of constant slogging and my muscles won't fire properly because of the altitude. Not so bad when I'm just standing still though.
You should be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment