Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thank God it's a beautiful day. I started the morning at quarter to seven with an egg and lox on bakery bread. Delicious. Then, I drove out to Sopris Mountain Ranch to start my new job: landscaping.
Spent the morning swinging a pickax, digging irrigation trenches. Enjoyed the sun and the music and seeing my burly image in the enormous mirrored windows of this multi-million dollar house. I went inside to drop a deuce and discovered it's the most beautiful house I've ever been in. With sweeping views of Sopris Mountain from just about anywhere inside. Left some nice streak marks in the new toilet too.
I enjoy the work (so far), but I can really understand, Erik G, why you returned to AA after sophomore summer with rippling muscles and an attitude to match. It's labor-intensive. My hands are still a bit shaky every time I pause my frantic typing.
Music: Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold
Pay: $60 for four hours.
I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment