Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2008

I was in the gym today, doing my part to cut some of the fat from this overweight country when I heard an odd scraping noise over the volume of my headphones. I looked over to ascertain the source of the sound. To my surprise, it was an old man hobbling slowly into the weight room, leaning heavily on his walker. A quick double take assured me I wasn't mistaken. Surely this chap was lost.
However, he sat down and started working his wrinkly biceps, nearly-useless legs dangling beneath him like the empty scrotum of a gelding.
My workout ended, I didn't hang around to see the rest. But I'm baffled, unsure whether to be proud of the fellow or dismayed that he'd neglected his legs in favor of beach biceps. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment