Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My life on a bus. A sour turn. Arrival in Lima

27-05-09
The thing i hate about this place and these people is that they immediately try to exploit anything breathing. No word of welcome; no time to think; no buffer.
The border crossing between Ecuador and Peru is essentially SET UP to fuck travelers. The exit office in Ecuador is a taxi ride from the border where you take another taxi to the entrance office where money changers swarm. Potential robbery everywhere in this sordid no-man´s-land.
And no cash machines near where the bastard took me to an exhorbitantly overpriced bus station which doesn´t even offer night rides to Lima. Where´s the central terminal? Nonextant.
FUCK YOU ALL you fucking savage bloodsucking leeches. Do you really wonder why your countries and your people are looked down upon and shat upon? Maybe grow some decency and hold off on the exploitation and lying to people just because they´re foreigners and might have money. How can you expect to come up in the world constantly dwelling on the bottom sucking scum at every opportunity?
Latin Logic means every man for himself NO MATTER the cost to others nearby or to dignity. That is the reason you shit-swallowing catfish will never make it into the first world. It´s not your skin color, it´s your savage and uncontrollable urge to make a penny at the cost of a dollar.
Fuck Peru. Why would I ever want to stay here and spend my money with a welcome like that?
Shortsighted little fleas. No wonder.
A border crossing in a civilized country is set up thusly:
A bus terminal. An exit office. The border. An entrance office. A bus terminal. Cash machines on both sides, no fucking taxis in between: instead a short walk of 300m MAXIMUM.
That increases security, improves welcome, keeps the maggots out, and overall benefits everyone (except the maggots).
What are they thinking?
They aren´t. Latin Logic, remember?
I never thought I´d long for the Canadian border crossing.

28-05-09
And then to top the motherfucker off, someone swiped my backpack from the cargo hold of the bus after I boarded.
Seriously. These fucking leeches. I want to watch them squirm in salt. I want to believe in hell just so I can imagine them rotting forever, tortured for eternity. I want to bomb this place to oblivion. I want to go home.
Alas, the bastard will probably profit immensely by hawking my poor goods because in this world, the truth is that crime does pay.
At least now I can travel light! And I have a slight financial cushion from the bribe paid me by the luggage handlers to keep from killing them. I should have taken far more than 600 soles ($200) but I didn´t have the heart. After all, I´m still much better off in the world than they are. Stuff can be replaced.
It´s just bewildering the things people are willing to do to each other, as if they can´t realize that we´re all human. How can they be devoid enough of sympathy to steal my stuff when I am obviously out travelling with my life on my back? What kind of twisted mind makes someone willing to take someone´s life--representative as it may be?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! We assume you still have your notebook, but I'll be sorry if you lost the alpaca hoodie.

    ReplyDelete